North Star Piccadilly


North Star Piccadilly is the second venue of North Star Delicatessen in Chorlton, but Piccadilly having more of a focus on being a cafe, which also sells other nice items you can take home.

In Piccadilly Basin, it sits in a new building and is joined via a door to some sort of offices. I'm not sure who they are, but their staff regularly walk through the door and through the cafe to get outside, and vice versa, which is a very strange idea.


The venue itself is modern and fresh, with shelving reaching from floor to ceiling showing off the items available for purchase, as well as some of those available to order within the cafe itself, as well as a chiller stocked with a good array of chilled drinks, including root beer, which is always nice to see!

The menu is modern and simple, offering hot drinks, cold drinks, beer, wine, and light meals. Dining is casual, you sit at a table of your choice and order at the desk.


Browsing the tea menu, I chose the North Star Rose Blend Tea, a blend of rosebuds, hibiscus and rose balm. It was a little sharper than the average rose tea, but had a distinct jam flavour, which was very pleasant! The teapot was a bit of an odd issue, as the spout was a little too small for the loose tea, meaning it wouldn't pour properly at first, and dribbled onto the table. Perhaps a teapot infuser might be a better idea here rather than a tea strainer. I wasn't offered a choice of milk, and it seems I was given whole milk which isn't really my preference, but it's by no means a deal breaker.


Looking at the food menu, I decided to order a jacket potato with cheese and beans. It didn't take long for it to arrive, and it was very wholesome and filling, with a tasty side salad and dressing. One interesting option on the jacket potato menu was a filling of crayfish and lemon mayonnaise, which I've never seen offered before. Maybe next time!


There was one strange incident, which was that after my second cup of tea, I noticed the milk in my tea had separated, as though it had gone off. It hadn't done for the first cup, only the second cup! I mentioned it to the staff member behind the counter, who was apologetic, and explained that the milk should be fine as it was a new bottle, but he checked the date anyway, and offered me a fresh pot of tea. I didn't really have time at this point for another pot, but I think he handled the situation well, considering how strange it was!





The service was friendly, the food was tasty, and the cost was pretty decent. I'd visit again happily.


North Star Piccadilly
77 Dale Street
Manchester
M1 2HG
(0161) 237 9619
www.northstardeli.com

North Star Piccadilly Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.