The Bank




I fancied lunch one day, but wasn't sure where to go, so when I looked on TripAdvisor, the most popular rated place in Bolton right now is The Bank, which surprised me as I actually hadn't heard of it at this point!

So along I toddled, parked up nearby, and found the place which at first glance just looks like a "café", but trust me, it's really not, it's a fab restaurant which I never knew about, right on my doorstep here in Bolton!



We were warmly greeted by the owner, who tell us about the history of the place (it was actually a bank!), the potential plans and decoration ideas, and how the venue is still a work in concept, with a bright future. It's always nice to meet someone passionate about their business, and giving good customer service. The venue itself is in simple monochromatic colours with clean lines and modern artwork, but with a traditional chandelier in the centre, which contrasts nicely.


We ordered a classic cheeseburger and a gammon dinner. Both were cooked freshly to order, which is always a nice thing to experience in this day and age. The burger was juicy, in a glazed brioche bun, and the gammon was, to quote my dining partner, "the best gammon I've ever had!" (I'll agree, it melted in the mouth!), with perfect eggs... but for me the best was the chips! Gigantic triple-cooked crispy crunchy batons of loveliness! Some of the best chips I've had, with a real crunch to them, unlike some places that claim to triple-cook chips! I'd go here again just for the chips, quite honestly!


After an enjoyable and filling main course, we decided to take a breather so that we could order dessert! It seemed like a shame to skip dessert after such an enjoyable meal! After mulling over the dessert menu, my partner went for the home made apple pie with custard, whilst I opted for the more intriguing "love in a cup". 


The desserts were good! As though they wouldn't be! The 'Love in a Cup' turned out to be a very very chocolatey cake in a teacup, with fresh cream on top, very tasty, and perfect for the chocoholics out there! I even experimented by pouring some of the custard onto it to mellow it out a little, and that worked just as well! My partner and I decided it should be renamed, the "Oh My God That's Chocolatey!".

Overall, The Bank is offering superb food for extremely reasonable prices. I'll be there again, and recommend you give it a go sometime if you fancy somewhere where simple food is done very well indeed!


The Bank
616 Bury Road
Bolton
Greater Manchester
BL2 6JA
(01204) 774 381
http://www.thebankcafebargrill.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.