The Oxford Tea Rooms


The Oxford Tea Rooms has only just opened on Knowsley Street in Bolton town centre. It's a traditional style tea rooms, offering loose leaf teas, coffee, light lunches, and of course, cakes!


As I walk in, it's nice to see that the décor is traditionally English and pleasant, with quirky comedic signs on the walls, mismatched furniture and crockery, and polkadot and floral tablecloths, as well as a fabulous classic chequered floor, and a huge wall of books, which looks quite realistic even up close until you realise it's wallpaper!

The staff were welcoming and friendly, and when I asked if they accept cards, they told me that the card reader was being installed and would be ready within a few days, but luckily they're right across the road from a bank, so no big trouble there!

A lovely and friendly lady came over to my table and took my order, which as I was only popping in this time, I decided to go for an Earl Grey. They were also happily able to accommodate my request for skimmed milk.


 The quality of the loose leaf tea was very good indeed, and a pot for one was very good value, especially as I was even asked if I would like a jug of hot water once my teapot had run dry.

Interestingly, the pearlescent cup which I was given is identical to one which is part of a set left to me by my grandmother. A good omen... nana must approve of this place! ;)


Although I wasn't eating, I had a good peruse of the menu, and it was comprised of good English fayre from crumpets and teacakes, to freshly made sandwiches and cakes. It's also a little thing, but I love that some things such as the bagels were described as being served with "best butter", which may be a Northern thing, but is a phrase my mum and my family have always used, referring to using good quality butter rather than hum drum margarine. This gave me a smile.


They're only just getting their footing as they really have only just opened, but I can see them doing well, and becoming a popular alternative to the chain coffee shops and greasy spoon cafés around the town centre. The staff are friendly, the quality is good, and the prices are very reasonable.

I'll definitely pop in again sometime for lunch, or maybe treat my mum to afternoon tea!




The Oxford Tea Rooms
Knowsley Street
Bolton
Greater Manchester
BL1 2AL
07715 565 935
http://oxfordtearooms.co.uk/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.